Sunday 8 March 2015

I Think I'm Queen Of Procrastination

Hello Everyone!

 I've recently realised that I am totally queen of procrastination. Honestly, I'm not sure how I manage to get anything done at university. I'm not sure how any of my assignments get handed in on time, how I manage to do any form of reading or how I've actually made it to EVERY SINGLE ONE of my lectures/seminars!. Quite frankly, Sometimes I wonder how I get out of bed.

 If you've ever been to University, You'll know that its a vicious cycle of lectures, not enough sleep, essays, and really shitty food. Value food quickly became my best friend, as did sales so I could actually get some new clothes and treat myself. Anyway, This vicious cycle meant that I was constantly tired (and still am), and trying to balance a social life with the endless amount of essays and review papers, as well as the planning for my dissertation. So, I became queen (yes queen) of procrastination.

 As of today, I have one assignment due tomorrow (heavily planned, but not written), I have another due on the 18th? and another due the 20th. This means that I'm going to be so busy and don't have much time for a social life (but I guarantee I go out anyway - oops). These are my ways of procrastination, which I find myself regularly doing....

 My first, and favourite distraction, are my friends. This means that I would much rather text/facetime/whatsapp them. Or just go bother my housemates to the point that THEY become distracted. This definitely wastes at least 1 hour of my time, replying to messages, looking at my phone for messages, and FaceTiming definitely wastes way more than an hour.

 My second distraction is Youtube. When I want something on in the background, I'll find myself going through my youtube Subscriptions and finding lots of daily vlogs which i haven't watched yet, or midweek uploads. I can waste atleast 2 hours on here, just flicking back and forth between the work that I SHOULD have done and the videos I SHOULDN'T be watching!

 I also find Netflix ruins my education at times like this - C'mon Netflix, why did you need to drag me into watching that series with 3 seasons? Each episode an hour long? Not cool. I also find that I try to watch them at the same time as doing my work, and my screen just purely isn't big enough to watch them both on. Maybe this is where my Ipad could come in handy...looks like I just had an idea. (sorry work!). I recently did a post on what to watch on Netflix...These are the series I'm loving!

 Social Media also needs to take some of the blame here for my lack of motivation. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...all equally guilty. Course I'm more interested in what Sandy* may be doing (even if it is REALLY boring). Yes, of course I want to read the article that a random group has posted (and my timeline is FILLED with pointless news articles/videos - did anyone else just like heaps of groups in year 8?). Twitter just brings things to my attention which weren't previously (dress situation anyone?), and Instagram just makes me want to post pictures of my food.




 Another website, that I spend HOURS on, is Tumblr. Tumblr is 100% my favourite website in the webspace. I love the simplicity, and I truly believe some of the funniest, wittiest people are on Tumblr. I can just be scrolling through my timeline, and burst out into laughter. If Im unhappy, Tumblr will always cheer me up. After navigating my blog through the webspace for just over 4 years, I feel very strongly attached to it, and am also very proud of the blog it has become!

 Food is another distraction. YES, I would rather be eating than writing an essay. Sure, Housemate, I'd love to go to Sprinkles (the most insane dessert place ever, with like, waffles and chocolate and ice cream and stuff!!). Sure body, lets eat some toast. Oh, you're still hungry? no worries, lets eat that pizza...I swear, when I'm trying to not get distracted, I always do.

 I also use this blog as a distraction. Like I said earlier, I have an essay due TOMORROW. Which I HAVENT done. Yikes. I guess I better start writing:(

 Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
 Love,
 Lucy Victoria xo

9 comments :

  1. YouTube is a really bad distraction for me - I'm sometimes glad that my work internet blocks it - otherwise I'd probably get nothing done and probably would have been fired a long time ago lol :D

    John | Shout John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! youtube is awful for distractions. Thats the problem, being at university everything is open and I find it difficult to study sometimes! Hahaha, hopefully you won't get fired anytime soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lucy! Don't feel bad. I think everyone procrastinates sometimes. I know I do.

    I have nominated you for the Liebster award. I’m sure you have been nominated for this before and I am also sure you have more than 200 followers, but I based it on the Bloglovin followers. I love your blog!

    Check out my post at: http://beautyshowoff.blogspot.com/

    Take Care!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney! thanks for the nomination! I actually did the Liebster award back in February, but its so nice to see that people are enjoying my blog! have a good day:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Nicola! thanks for the nomination! I actually did the Liebster award back in February, but its great that people are still taking time out to nominate my blog! have a good day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm completely with you on this one! The amount of times I've tried to procrastinate my assignments by not leaving my housemates alone!!
    tilly-mccluskey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have to say its one of my favourite ways - except when Im distracting myself I'm also distracting them! whoops! xx

      Delete
  5. Haha this is great! I'm exactly the same, I literally do anything but the thing I'm supposed to be doing haha! xx

    www.pinkieprim.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah! for the whole of my easter break I've said that I'll do work - and I just keep putting it off! xx

      Delete